Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Dairy Free Pumpkin Creamer


Finding a good dairy free creamer is like searching for a needle in a haystack.  I've tried every brand that is sold in Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Harris Teeter.  One brand is okay and my go to, but I don't love it.  So, it's time to start making my own.  

Since Fall is upon us, it seemed like making a pumpkin creamer would be necessary.  And guess what?  This actually has pumpkin in it!  So you are getting the health benefit of a veggie in your creamer.  Love it.  

I love this creamer.  I could actually just drink it right out of the jar.  But I don't like it in my coffee.  I have kind of turned into a coffee snob (not sure how that happened) and I am kind of particular with how my coffee tastes.  I was kind of disappointed but then tried it with some chai tea.  JACKPOT!  So delicious.  I am enjoying a cup right now.  Mmmmm.  Try this in your coffee or tea and let me know your thoughts!

Ingredients:
1 cup soy milk (or almond/coconut milk)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
dash of cloves
dash of nutmeg

Directions:
Heat ingredients in a pan over medium heat.  Stir until well blended.  Remove from heat and store in a sealed container for 1-2 weeks.  I used a mason jar.


If you want to make pumpkin spice chai tea, heat 1/2 cup chai tea.  Add creamer to your liking.  I taste as it warms.  Stir to combine.  I also added another dash or two of soy milk to the pan as it was too thick for me.  


Sip, and enjoy!


No comments: