Yum. This is by far the best chicken soup I have ever had. I made chicken bone broth and used it in the soup. Pretty sure that is why this soup turned out so delicious. The only downfall is that it didn't make enough! It was plenty to feed my family of four but I like to have leftovers for lunch the next day. Definitely no leftovers here! Next time I'd double the recipe.
- 32 ounces organic chicken broth - highly recommend making your own. Click here for a recipe.
- 4-5 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 organic carrots, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4-5 stalks of kale, chopped fine, including the stems
- large chicken breast, sliced into strips
- sea salt and pepper
Put all ingredients except kale into a large pot and simmer for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Strain the chicken out and shred with 2 forks. Put back into soup and toss in the kale. Simmer for another 4-5 minutes or until kale is tender.
The girls and I ate this soup as is. My husband got home late and tossed in some cooked spiral noodles (gluten free of course) as well. Would be a nice addition to if you want something a little more filling.