Monday, December 22, 2014

Glazed Pineapple and Sausage Bites


I love the combination of pineapple and some sort of ham or sausage.  When I stumbled across this recipe at Susannah's Kitchen I knew I wanted to give it a try.  I had to change the ingredients for mine a little bit because I didn't have teriyaki sauce at home and didn't feel like buying a whole bottle for 3 Tbsp.  Feel free to go to her site to find her original recipe.  And this is such a versatile recipe - you really can use whatever sauces you have in your house.

So here is what I came up with.

Ingredients:
1 package turkey kielbasa sausage
16 oz can pineapple chunks, save the juice
1 Tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos (if you are going for gluten free go with the coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce)
1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 Tbsp pineapple juice

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Cut kielbasa into 1/2 inch pieces.  Skewer the pineapple and sausage together with toothpicks.  Place the appetizers in a shallow baking dish and set aside.

In a small bowl combine remaining ingredients to make the glaze.  Drizzle the sauce over the kielbasa bites.

Bake for 15-20 minutes and serve warm.

Enjoy!


No comments: