Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Asian Grilled Salmon




I had this salmon at a friends house last summer.  It is now my favorite way to make salmon at home.  The recipe is from Ina Garten on Food Network.  It's super easy but very flavorful.  I could never figure out why I couldn't get salmon at home to taste as good as salmon in restaurants.  Well, this recipe taught me that I've been over cooking salmon.  Way over cooking it!  :)

Ingredients:
3 pounds salmon, skin on, cut into 4 pieces
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 Tablespoons soy sauce (use gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos as a soy substitute)
6 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tsp minced garlic

Directions:
Light grill.  Brush grilling rack with olive oil to prevent salmon from sticking.

Whisk together mustard, soy sauce, oil and garlic.  Drizzle half of the marinade on the salmon and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.

Now, as reading the original directions, they state to put the salmon skin side down on the grill.  I've always put it flesh side down to get the nice grill marks and never had problems doing it that way.   So that is the way I will write to do it in recipe. Feel free to do it as you wish!  :)

Place salmon flesh side down.  Grill for 4-5 minutes.  Turn carefully, not flip and grill for another 4-5 minutes.  The salmon will be slightly raw in the center.  Spoon reserved marinade over the top of salmon.  Allow to sit for 10 minutes, it will keep cooking as it sits.  Serve with rice and a salad.

Enjoy!


No comments: