Friday, February 18, 2011

French Toast Bake



I found this recipe on the Pillsbury website when I was looking for an easy french toast casserole recipe. I was going to a baby shower for a girl I work with and needed to bring a dish to share. I stumbled across this recipe and decided to give it a try. How can you go wrong with cinnamon rolls?!

It ended up being very easy to throw together - I actually made it the morning of the shower, which started at 9:30 - and I had to take my daughter to preschool first. :) I don't like soggy french toast so I made a few changes to the recipe. My changes are below. Hope you give this one a try!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Butter, melted
2 cans (12.4 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
3 Eggs
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans (I didn't have a full cup so I just used what I had)
1/2 cup maple syrup

Directions:
Heat oven to 375°F. Pour melted butter into ungreased 13x9-inch glass baking dish. Separate both cans of dough into 16 rolls; set icing aside. Cut each roll into 4 pieces; place pieces over butter in dish.



In medium bowl, beat eggs. Beat in cream, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended; gently pour over roll pieces. Sprinkle with pecans; drizzle with 1/2 cup syrup.



Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. I checked mine at 25 minutes and baked for another 5-8 minutes. I wanted mine to have a nice golden color and I didn't want it soggy in the middle.



Cool 15 minutes. Meanwhile, remove covers from icing; microwave 10 to 15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle.

Drizzle icing over top and serve.



Enjoy!

No comments: