Friday, December 24, 2010

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies



Yum!!

My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip (the green kind!) so when I saw these cookies in a Betty Crocker holiday cookbook I knew I had to make them! ;) They are so good and taste just like the ice cream. If you like the ice cream you'll love these cookies! I made a few changes to the recipe and they are in the directions below.

Ingredients:
1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter softened
6 drops food coloring
1 egg
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
1 cup andes candies, chopped

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put 6 drops of green food coloring in the egg and mix. Combine cookie mix, butter, & green egg until combined. Stir in chocolate chunks and chopped andes mints.



Drop small spoonfuls of cookie dough on cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes then remove to wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely.



I think these are my new favorite cookie! Thankfully, I am giving a lot of them away for Christmas! :)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

mary said...

These were yummy. Thanks for sharing them! :)

The Game Store Guy said...

Those look absolutely delicious! I'm going to have to set this recipe aside for the next holiday. :) Thanks