Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chicken Breast Supreme



I made this recipe a while back but never took photos of it. We had friends over for dinner last weekend and I decided to make this and try to remember to take pictures! I found the recipe on Kelly's Recipes food blog. It was a very easy recipe and quick to throw together. The only thing to keep in mind if you decide to make this is that it needs to bake in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts
8 strips of bacon
16 oz sour cream
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of sliced mushrooms
1 jar of dried beef (this is found near tuna or spam)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Wrap each chicken breast with two pieces of bacon. Place chicken in a 9x13 baking dish.



Combine sour cream, soup and sliced mushrooms. Tear up the dried beef and stir into the soup mixture.



Cover the chicken breasts with the soup/beef mixture and bake in oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes.



I did end up forgetting to take pictures that night of this dish. Thankfully we had 2 pieces left over so I was able to get a photo of it from our leftovers! I actually thought it tasted better as a leftover - the flavors were much more prominent in the chicken.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Chub Johnson said...

OMG, seriously that you had me at wrapping bacon around chicken! lol. I booked mark you page to show to my wife later. YUM!

Okay now down to business. Stefanie my name is Chub Johnson and I am currently recruiting bloggers on behalf of The Write Guyz. Our website is designed to give bloggers more exposure in every way possible. We allow live links, pictures (as long as they are yours) and any other reference to your personal blog as possible free of charge. We also have a News Letter in which we feature our bloggers, as well as monthly contest with prizes for the best blog post. I would like to extend an invitation to you to become one of our bloggers. We have a page dedicated to food, Taste Budz. I invite you to check it out www.thewriteguyz.com and if you are intersted in becoming a blogger with us you can contact me at thewriteguyz@yahoo.com even if you are not interested I would love to hear anything you might want to say about the site.

Again, I hope you will consider it, we currently have two chefs one from Atalanta and one from Los Angeles who will contribute to the site and I think people need to see your skills.