Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sweet Bourbon Brie



This is probably my favorite appetizer. It's great in the fall/winter months. My mom gave me a recipe book with recipes from family & friends for a shower gift when Jordan and I were getting married. My Aunt Pennie contributed this Brie recipe so I am not sure where it came from besides from her!

Ingredients:
8 oz wheel of brie
Frozen puff pastry, thawed
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon bourbon
Stoned wheat thins - or crackers of your choice

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix sugar, nuts and bourbon in a bowl.



Spread out puff pastry sheet. I use the plastic top of the brie to make a circle in the puff pastry so I know where to put the sugar mixture.



Place the nut mixture on top of the circle - or in the middle of the pastry.



Place the wheel of brie on top of the sugar mixture.



Fold puff pastry so it encloses the cheese and topping.



Place wrapped cheese (bourbon side up) on a greased baking sheet.

Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown. I had to bake mine for about 25 minutes to get a nice golden brown color.

Of all the recipes on my blog - YOU MUST TRY THIS ONE!! I promise, you won't be sorry and your guests will rave about this!



See!! They can't get enough of it! (Sorry Kristine, but I couldn't resist!)

No comments: