Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cream Cheese Frosting



This is my favorite cream cheese frosting recipe. Actually, I've never made another one - why mess with a good thing?! I found the recipe at www.epicurious.com several years ago.

Ingredients:
3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:

Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl until light and fluffy. I used my Kitchen Aid mixer but a regular handheld mixer works just fine.



Gradually beat in sugar. I taste mine after 2 cups to see if it needs to be sweeter. I used all three cups in mine but I like sweet. :) You can use more or less sugar depending on how sweet you like your frosting.



Cover and refrigerate until firm enough to spread on your favorite cake, about 15 minutes.

This makes a TON of frosting. I used this for a carrot cake recipe that I doubled and I still had some frosting left over.

No comments: