Sunday, September 1, 2024

BLT Macaroni Salad


My high schooler loves this salad in her lunch. I make it on Sunday and she eats it all week in her lunch! I love that it’s got protein, carbs and veggies all in one!


Ingredients:
16 ounces gluten free macaroni noodles, cooked
2/3 cup mayonnaise (plus 3-4 Tablespoons)
3 T rice vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
8 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
1 cup chopped tomato, I used cherry tomatoes quartered
1 cup chopped baby spinach
3-4 Tablespoons coconut milk

Instructions:

Cook macaroni, drain and set aside.

Mix together the remaining ingredients, except the 3 Tablespoons of mayo and coconut milk, while the macaroni is cooking. Toss with the macaroni. I added a tablespoon of coconut milk and mayo at first then put in the refrigerator until we were ready to eat. When I pulled the salad out of the refrigerator, it needed another tablespoon of each before serving. So add a little extra mayo and coconut milk until you get the consistency you like. Season to taste - enjoy!

No comments: