Monday, September 8, 2014

Slow Cooker Coconut Thai Curry Chicken Breasts




YUM.  EASY.

That's all you need to know about this recipe!  Now go get the ingredients and make it asap!

I found this recipe at Slender Kitchen and we loved it.  I made it with 2-3 oz of curry paste and no jalapeños because our children were eating this too.  My oldest liked it okay - the 4 year old didn't care for it at all.  Next time I would make this spicier for us and just give the kids something else to eat.  It has great flavor and is so easy!!

Ingredients:
2 pounds chicken breasts
1 14 oz can coconut milk
up to 4 oz green curry paste or to taste (I would say we like about 3 oz)
3 T brown sugar
1 12 oz bag Asian vegetables
Optional: up to 2 whole jalapeños
Serve over rice or noodles

Directions:

Add chicken to slow cooker.  In a bowl, whisk together coconut milk, curry paste and brown sugar.  Taste and add more curry paste if needed.  Add sauce to crockpot.  Stir to combine.  If using jalapeños for extra heat add them whole to the crockpot.

Cook on low for 4 hours.  Add vegetables and cook for 30 minutes more.   Now is a good time to start cooking the rice or noodles you are serving this on top of.  (I did salt and butter the rice)  I served over rice to keep this gluten free.  Enjoy!



2 comments:

Fleur said...

I bet you could use pulled pork in that too!

Stefanie said...

That would be good! Shrimp would probably be nice or even just more veggies! Less cook time too. :)