Sunday, September 7, 2014

Pulled Pork Soup


When your husband participates in pork cooking competitions you almost always have leftover pulled pork that you aren't sure what to do with.  Sometimes we make pork nachos, pork burritos and I have just recently found a recipe for pulled pork soup.  Yay!!

We all thought this soup was super yummy.  I thought it was missing something, maybe collards or kale?  The next time I make this I will throw in a handful or two of kale in the last few minutes of cooking.

Ingredients:
1 cup each diced onions, carrots, celery & bell pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 T olive oil
1 quart chicken stock
1 large can or leftover baked beans
1- 12oz beer (I used gluten free to keep this a gluten free meal)
4 generous handful's of leftover pulled pork

Serve with cornbread.  Again, I used a gluten free brand but you don't have to.

Directions:
Lightly salt and add ground pepper to vegetables.  Lightly saute for a few minutes, then add chickens stock.  Add baked beans & beer along with the pork.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce, cover and simmer for 2 hours.  (10 minutes before serving I would toss in 2 handfuls of chopped kale, taste season if necessary)  
Serve with cornbread and side salad.  Enjoy!

 



No comments: