Thursday, June 13, 2013

Grilled Nectarines with Blue Cheese, Honey & Black Pepper


Grilled fruit is so delicious.  Nectarines, pineapple, grapes, peaches....so good!

We had some nectarines sitting in the fruit bowl and I really needed another side to go with dinner.  I had the meat and a salad but I didn't have any potatoes or rice.  I saw the nectarines and thought, I could grill them!  I searched for a recipe online that would work with what I already had on hand and I found this one from Food Network.  Score!

I only used 2 nectarines since we have a family of 4.  Each person gets one half of the nectarine.

Other ingredients you'll need:
Olive oil/vegetable oil
Honey
Blue cheese crumbles
Crushed black pepper

Directions:

Heat the grill.  Brush both sides of the halved/pitted nectarine with oil.  Place face down on grill and cook for 2-3 minutes.  Flip over and finish cooking until almost soft.  (I over cooked mine a little bit but they still tasted great!  Don't worry about overcooking - just don't burn them!)

Place nectarines on a platter with cut side up and place a dollop of cheese in the center of each nectarine.  Drizzle with honey and fresh black pepper on the top.  I left the black pepper off for the kiddos.  



Enjoy!

No comments: