Sunday, December 4, 2011

Ice Cream Cake



My mom made this ice cream cake for Saryn when we were in NY. She loved it so I decided to make it for her birthday party in NC. It's so easy and delicious, I promise grown ups and children alike will love it!

Ingredients:

16 ice cream sandwiches
1 jar hot fudge
16 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
Sprinkles of your choice

Directions:

Layer bottom of pan - flat or 9x13 inch - with 8 of the ice cream sandwiches. Unwrapped first of course. Having a little helper with this is nice. Pants are optional. ;)



I ended up making two cakes and one of the cakes I used more than what the recipe called for. So don't go by my pictures for how many sandwiches to use!

Spread half of the jar of fudge on top of the sandwiches.



Then spread half of the cool whip and repeat with your remaining layer of sandwiches.



Spread the rest of the fudge on top of the second layer of sandwiches. Then top with remaining cool whip. Add sprinkles of your choice.



Freeze for at least an hour before serving. I put mine in the freezer uncovered so the cool whip would harden a bit. Then I put foil over it. That way the foil wouldn't rip all that yummy cool whip off!



Yum!

No comments: