Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bread Machine Bread



My brother-in-law gave me a bread machine for Christmas and I LOVE IT!! I have made 4 loaves of bread since I've gotten it and they all turned out great. This is the first recipe that I made and I think it turned out nicely. From what I've read it is very different from most bread recipes because you combine the yeast with the water instead of making sure the yeast doesn't touch the wet ingredients. Turned out just fine for me!

The second and third times I made this recipe I added some seasonings to the dough: minced garlic, garlic powder, basil, pepper etc. Then once it was about to start baking I brushed on a garlic/butter glaze. Yum! I thought I could have added more seasonings so once I get the amount right I will post them but I LOVED the garlic butter glaze. Very yummy!!

Ingredients:
1 cup warm water (make sure it's pretty hot, so it will dissolve the yeast)
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 (.25 ounce) package bread machine yeast
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 cups bread flour
1.5 teaspoons salt

Directions:

Place the water, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine.

This is the yeast I bought. You use one whole packet.



Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes.

This is what mine looked like after 10 minutes.



Add the oil, flour and salt to the yeast.



Select Basic or White Bread setting, and press Start. Depending on your bread machine you may have other selections like how dark you want the bread to be, size etc. I pressed 1.5 pound loaf and I like my bread cooked light or medium. Once you press start the bread machine does the rest for you! Enjoy!

No comments: