Sunday, February 28, 2010

Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies



These cookies are probably the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. I'm kind of picky about my chocolate chip cookies and recipes I've used in the past always seemed to fall short somewhere. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and made them exactly as they were written. The first batch of cookies came out enormous! Like the size of the cookies you'd buy in the mall. Almost too big, so the second batch to go in the oven I made smaller. Those were also big cookies but not so big you'd have to break them in half to eat them!

Now, I decided to make these because a friend of mine invited my daughter and I over to her house for dinner. Both of our husbands were traveling and so we ate dinner together and let the kids play. I wanted to bring a dessert that the kids would like that we would also enjoy. So, thinking like a 2-5 year old I came up with Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches!!



Yum!

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.

Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.

In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. (These are the enormous cookies, use a spoonful to make normal sized cookies)



Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.



I cooked mine for about 18-19 minutes so they were brown on the outside. That amount of time was perfect to eat the cookie on it's own. The one's that I made the ice cream sandwiches with I think I should have cooked them a little less so they would have been softer. Just keep that in mind if you use this recipe for ice cream sandwiches!



Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm. These look fantastic- I love chocolate chip cookies.