Monday, December 21, 2009

Texas Cranberry Chutney



You can also serve the chutney over warm brie, chicken, turkey or pork tenderloin.

I found this cranberry chutney recipe in a Southern Living Easy Entertainment magazine and thought it would be a nice appetizer for the holidays. Being red and all. :) I served mine over cream cheese and with crackers. I've never had a chutney before but I have to say this was pretty good. Really, anything served over cream cheese is good!

Ingredients:
2 (8 oz) cans crushed pineapple (I only used one can b/c that is what I had)
1 (16 oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced (I used one but thought it could use another)
3 green onions, chopped

Directions:

Drain pineapple well; pat dry with paper towels. Stir together pineapple and next 4 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat, and bring to boil.



Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes or until thickened. (I cooked mine for about 10 minutes b/c it wasn't getting thicker)
Remove from heat, and stir in peppers and green onions. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 2 weeks.



Enjoy & Merry Christmas!

No comments: