Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Chewy Peanut Butter Chip Oatmeal Cookies



Oh my. These are just wonderful. I really think this is the perfect oatmeal cookie. I highly doubt I will ever try another oatmeal cookie recipe again. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and the only changes I made were to omit 1 cup chopped walnuts & I used peanut butter chips instead of chocolate. They were so good I might make another batch this week!

Ingredients:

1 cup butter softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup peanut butter chips (or chips of your choice)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats & chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 11-12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

I found these cute snowmen at Michael's and filled them with these cookies for a few of Saryn's little friends. I also used these cookies in gift tins for Christmas this year. These cookies are so good I broke into one of the tins to eat the cookies! I am pregnant so I'll use that as my defense. Don't worry, I'll get something out to my poor friend who didn't receive a gift tin this year!

No comments: