Friday, April 3, 2009

Beef Broccoli Wellington

I have been a bit of a slacker in the kitchen lately. Not many recipes to share, I apologize! The good thing is that I have the urge to do some baking this weekend. I'll keep you posted on what I end up making! I'm thinking cookies.....



Back to the wellington recipe - very easy, and very good. The recipe calls for 1 pound ground beef but ground venision is also nice with this recipe if you have some. This is one of Jordan's favorites although I tend to forget about this recipe for some reason. I found it in a Pillsbury cookbook especially for hamburger.

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (9oz) pkg frozen cut broccoli, thawed, drained
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cans crescent dinner rolls
1 egg, beaten

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Cook ground beef & onion in skillet until beef is cooked thoroughly. Drain well.

Add broccoli, sour cream, salt and pepper; mix well. Reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes. Add cheese, mix well.

Unroll can of dough into 2 long rectangels. Place rectangles on one end of cookie sheet with long sides overlapping 1/2 an inch. Press preferations and edges to seal.



Spoon half of beef mixture in 3 inch strip lengthwise down the center of dough. Leave 1/4 inch at each end. Bring long sides of dough over beef mixture overlapping edges slightly; pinch edge and seal. I should have put mine vertical instead of horizontal. I ended up having to use two cookie sheets.



Repeat with second can of dough.



Brush both rectangles with beaten egg. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until deep golden brown.



Depending on how big your family is you can freeze the second wellington. When you are ready to eat it just pop it back in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. While I type this I have our second one in the oven reheating right now!!

No comments: