Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Nacho Dip



I love nacho dips. They are probably my favorite appetizer. Actually, I like anything you can eat with a tortilla chip. :)

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com a few years ago and I really stopped looking at other nacho dip recipes. I think this dip has a very fresh taste. The ingredients sound like an odd combination, but I promise, you'll be very happy with the end result!

You can change the toppings to whatever suits your tastes. I omitted the sliced cucumber from the original recipe and added what we like. The recipe below reflects my changes.

Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup cocktail sauce
1 cup mild salsa - make sure it's a thick salsa
3/4 cup diced green onion
3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded lettuce
1 avocado, chopped
1 small can sliced black olives
Handful of chopped jalapenos - I used the kind in the jar


DIRECTIONS
In a food processor, thoroughly mix cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise. Spread the mixture evenly in the bottom of a medium serving dish.



Then add the cocktail sauce.



Then the salsa.



Next, add whatever toppings you want.



I did put shredded lettuce on top, but forgot to take a picture of it. My bad!

Chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.



I also didn't clean up the cheese on the counter before taking my photo. That's what happens when a 13 month old is pulling on your pant leg and your husband is asking you to take photos of his food too. :)

No comments: