Saturday, February 28, 2009

Chewy Peanut Butter Brownies



I've been making these brownies for a few years. These are great if you are a peanut butter lover. I found the recipe on allrecipes.com but I made a few changes to suit my tastes. :) The original recipe doesn't call for the chocolate frosting so if you don't like chocolate you can eliminate that part - but really that's what makes the recipe so good!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 can of chocolate frosting

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan. (I used an 8x8 since I don't have a 9x9 - I just cooked mine a little longer.)

In a medium bowl, cream together peanut butter and margarine. Gradually blend in the brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla; mix until fluffy.

Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top springs back when touched. (I cooked mine for about 40-45 but I used an 8x8 pan)



I let these cool for about 5 minutes. While they are still warm put your chocolate frosting on top.



Let the chocolate melt then put in the refrigerator and cut when they are completely cooled. The chocolate melts then hardens when cools - makes for a very yummy brownie!

No comments: