Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball



This is a great appetizer that is really more of a dessert. I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out since I'd never made a cheese ball before let alone a dessert cheese ball. Well, it was really easy and it is certainly something I will make again & again. I halved the recipe since I was bringing this to a small gathering of people. If you have a larger group just double the ingredients. I also rolled the ball in toffee bits instead of chopped pecans ~ you can roll it in whatever you like!

Ingredients
1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans (again I used toffee bits from the grocery store)
Graham Crackers ~ I recommend chocolate :)

Directions:
In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in confectioners sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.



Stir in chocolate chips. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours. (I put mine in the freezer for about 20 minutes since I didn't have 2 hours)

Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. (Again, I just put it into the freezer for 20 minutes)

Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans (or topping of your choice) before serving.



Serve with your choice of graham crackers. I'd recommend the chocolate one's as I thought they tasted the best. Enjoy!

No comments: