Friday, September 19, 2008

Shrimp Scampi Bake



Shrimp has been on sale at Harris Teeter quite a bit lately so we've been eating it more than normal. I love shrimp scampi and this recipe is pretty good and easy. Add more red pepper flakes to spice it up a bit if you like your food seasoned more.

Ingredients:

1 cup butter
2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (I use dried if I don’t have fresh)
2 pounds medium raw shrimp, shelled, deveined, with tails attached (I only used 1 pound shrimp and I took the tails off)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (more or less depending on your tastes)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, and parsley. When the butter melts completely, remove from heat.



Arrange shrimp in a shallow baking dish. Pour the butter mixture over the shrimp.



Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and opaque.

(I checked mine at 8 minutes and stirred the shrimp/sauce. Then I kept checking every few minutes so I wouldn’t over cook the shrimp. I served over pasta with garlic bread and veggies.)

No comments: