Monday, August 18, 2008

Grilled Pesto Pizza with Tomatoes and Artichokes



I've been making this pizza for so long I don't even remember where I got the recipe from. It is one of my favorite summer meals. It's quick and easy and goes great with a salad.

Ingredients:
1 Boboli pizza crust
pesto
2-3 roma tomatoes
1 jar artichoke hearts
mozzarella cheese

You can of course add whatever ingredients you like but try it this way first and see what you think!

First, preheat your grill on low heat. Place the pizza crust face down on the grill for 2-3 minutes or until a little crispy.

Remove from grill and spread 2-3 large spoonfuls of pesto sauce on the crust.



Then top with thinly sliced tomatoes.



Add chopped artichoke.



Grab a few handfuls of mozzarella cheese and spread on top.



As you can tell, I have my pizza on a cooling rack for cookies. You can put foil underneath your crust if you don't have a cooling rack. You are going to put the pizza back on the grill (face up!) and cook until the cheese is melted and warmed through. About 5-7 minutes. My grill cooks hot and a bit uneven so I place my pizza on the cooling rack so it's above the grate as it cooks.



Enjoy!

No comments: