Friday, July 4, 2008

Parmesan Chicken


This is my absolute favorite chicken recipe. I've been making it for several years and I think I got the recipe from Epicurious. It's been so long I forget! Give it a try - I promise you won't be disappointed!

Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
1 1/2 English muffins
6 boneless chicken breasts. (I just use two)
3/4 cup finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (I've used nice cheese and the Parmesan out of the can - both are good!)
Parchment paper

Directions:

Whisk together mustard, vinegar, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (you will use the other 1/4 teaspoon later) in a large bowl and add chicken breasts, tossing to coat well. I like to let this marinate a little bit while I prepare the rest of our meal.


Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Pulse English muffins in a food processor until finely ground. Add cheese, butter and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and pulse until combined well.


Transfer to a shallow plate or dish. Dredge chicken, 1 piece at a time, in crumbs, coating completely and pressing gently to help crumbs adhere. I had quite a bit of crumbs left over. I put them in a zip lock bag and will save them to try this same recipe with pork chops.


Transfer chicken to the baking sheet. Bake in oven until golden brown. The recipe says 15-20 minutes but it took me closer to 30 minutes to get a nice golden brown color.

No comments: