Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Becca's Tomatillo Enchiladas


We went to my friends house for dinner this Spring and she made us these tomatillo enchiladas.  I had never heard of tomatillos before and it was so yummy and fresh tasting!  It was so good I decided to grow tomatillos in my garden this year!  Seriously.  That good.  :)  This made enough for me to fill one 9x13 pan and another small 8x8 pan.  I froze the 8x8 pan to use another night.

Ingredients:

4 T olive oil
2 small diced zucchini
1 small red onion diced
1/2 cup corn
1 rotisserie chicken shredded (2 .5-3lbs)
1.5 c shredded monteray jack cheese
Salt/pepper
12 6” corn tortillas
1 jalepeno seeded, diced
1 lb tomatillos (husk removed)
1 c fresh cilantro
1T fresh lime juice
.5 c sour cream (optional)

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 400.  Heat 1T oil in skillet, add zucchini, onion, corn and stir for 3-5 minutes.  Set aside in large bowl.

Add to the bowl chicken, cheese, and a dash of salt and pepper.  Rinse skillet, then heat 1 T oil in the skillet.  Dip each tortilla in oil to heat for app. 10 sec., place on a plated lined with paper towel to absorb excess oil.  I had to add more oil to my pan as I went along.

Roll tortillas with chicken inside.  Sprinkle extra cheese on top.  Bake 8-10 minutes.

While your tortillas are in the oven cooking place tomatillos, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno and a dash of salt in processor.  Blend for a chunky consistency.  

Pour over tortillas and top with sour cream to serve!  We served ours with black beans, yellow rice and tortilla chips.  Enjoy!


No comments: