Monday, September 3, 2012

Watermelon Salsa


I had never even heard of watermelon salsa until a friend of mine had it for her children as a snack one day.  My children love salsa and they love watermelon.  We had to give this a try.  If you don't like watermelon or cilantro, this recipe is not for you.  My husband who doesn't like watermelon tried this and said, "You need to add something else, all I can taste is watermelon."  Lol, it is called WATERMELON SALSA!!  :)

Both of my girls love this as do I.  We had this last night and my oldest daughter is already asking me to make this again.  It's very refreshing and quick to make.  A great way to use up some fresh watermelon!

Ingredients:
3 cups chopped watermelon
1 cup chopped cilantro
2 jalepenos, chopped
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup red onion chopped (I added a little more)
1/4 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients together and chill in refrigerator until you are ready to eat.  Serve with tortilla chips.

Thanks for a great recipe Kristine!