Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cucumber & Tomato Salad


We had a lot of cucumbers from our CSA box (sounds like my previous post with onions, yes?  :) and I wanted to make sure we used them up before they went bad.  We were invited to a friends house for a cook out and needed to bring something.  I found this cucumber and tomato salad recipe on this blog and decided to give it a try.  It turned out super yummy!  It's really refreshing and goes nicely with BBQ. I made a few changes and they are listed below.


Ingredients:
10 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
2 medium sized cucumbers
1 tablespoon dill
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 tablespoon of Water
1/2 teaspoon of sugar 
1/4 teaspoon of salt
Sliced onion (about half of one)

Cut the cucumber, onions and tomatoes. I sliced the cucumbers and then cut them into quarters.  The cherry tomatoes I just cut in half.  The onion I sliced and then cut in half.

Add in the oil, vinegar, water, dill salt, and sugar. Stir and put into the fridge to chill.  I chilled for about an hour and then stirred and tasted.  I added a tad bit more olive oil, apple cider vinegar and salt.  Just go by taste.  This salad definitely gets better the more it sits.  I thought it was best the next day.  Gotta let those flavors meld!  Enjoy! 



No comments: