Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ian's Bagel Sandwich

(Wow, has it really been a month since I've posted a recipe?! I've been so busy with two children under the age of two, trying to sell our house, trying to keep the house clean for showings, and having a husband who travels every other week, I just haven't had the time to try new recipes :) Plus I packed up all of my recipe books & magazines. Doh! Well, I am hoping to post a little more often than once a month!!)

  

We went to the beach over the summer with Jordan's brother Ian. He made these bagel sandwiches that Jordan an I really liked. There were a few different variations but the one we made at home had pimento cheese, avocado, bean sprouts, and tomato. Great for a weekend lunch and oh so yummy!

We used everything bagels but feel free to use whatever kind of bagel you like. Start out by toasting your bagel.















Add a layer of pimento cheese, bean sprouts, sliced avocado, then salt & pepper.















Top with your tomato slices and the bottom part of the bagel. Flip the sandwich over so the pimento layer is on top. Enjoy!


3 comments:

Ian said...

My version uses cream cheese instead of pimiento cheese and adds salt and pepper. The salt and pepper are important to make the tomato flavor POP!

--Ian

Ian said...

Also, obviously any bagel will work, but I prefer sesame seed, onion, or everything bagels, in that order.

--Ian

Stefanie said...

Huh, Jordan swears you used pimento cheese. Either way - it was good!

We added salt and pepper too - but after we had a bite and realized they needed it. :)