Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chicken Smothered with Summer Vegetables on a Bed of Couscous



It seems that I am always looking for new recipes for chicken. We get tired of the same old grilled chicken for summer so I set off looking for something different. I found this great recipe on Eat at Home's blog. We absolutely loved this chicken dish. It's light and flavorful and very colorful! Jordan loves couscous so I knew we had a winner! I served ours with sauteed portabella mushrooms. Delish!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken
olive oil for cooking the veggies
1 onion, sliced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
2 bell peppers, sliced
cherry tomatoes, cut in half or quarters, about 1/2 cup
fresh parsley, chopped, about 1/3 cup
1 box couscous
2 cups chicken broth
Parmesan cheese for garnish

Cook the chicken on a grill. I seasoned my chicken first before grilling. I used pepper and season salt.

While the chicken cooks, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook the onions and garlic, stirring for about 5 minutes or until the onions are soft. Stir in the bell peppers and cook for 3-5 more minutes until the peppers are tender-crisp. Remove from heat and add the tomatoes and parsley. (I read the directions wrong and cooked the tomatoes with the bell peppers. Oops! :) But I think it turned out nicely anyways!)



Cook the couscous according to the package directions, using chicken broth instead of water. (Oh, this made the couscous so moist and yummy. Not sure I'll ever use water to cook couscous again!)

To serve, place a mound of couscous on the plate. Top with chicken (I sliced mine) and add the veggies on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.



Enjoy!

No comments: