Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fruit Pizza



I should have put the cookie on a pretty plate for presentation purposes. But, I didn't - sorry! :)

We had some friends over for dinner the other night and the weather was just beautiful. It had gotten above 75 degrees that day so we decided to grill out. I wanted a light dessert - nothing too heavy - and I stumbled across this recipe on allrecipes.com and combined it with another recipe I found on grouprecipes.com We all really liked this dessert recipe. It's definitely one that you can play with and one I'll make again! You can make your own cookie recipe and add whatever fruits you like. Have fun with it! As I was eating it I thought this would be great for a 4th of July dessert!

Ingredients:
1 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 package softened cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla
7 ounces marshmallow cream or fluff
fresh fruit of your choice
I used, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries & blackberries

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Slice the tube of cookies into 1/4 inch slices and lay them, sides touching, on a round pizza pan. I put a piece of parchment paper on the pan first to help get the cookie off. Pat the cookies together once they are all in the pan, pressing so that there are no open spaces in the bottom of the pan.



Bake cookie crust just until it barely begins to brown on the edges, being sure not to over-bake it. Mine cooked for about 10 minutes I think. Cool baked cookie crust completely.



Mix together softened cream cheese, vanilla and marshmallow creme and spread over the cookie crust. (I eyeballed the fluff instead of measuring 7 oz out. I had a large container and that stuff is super sticky! I just mixed and tasted until it had the flavor I wanted.)

I cut the cookie then to make it easier than trying to cut through the fruit as well.



Layer whatever fruits you have chosen over the top of cream cheese layer.



Enjoy!

No comments: