Monday, November 2, 2009

Beef, Bacon & Blues Wrap



When I first started cooking I would buy the small Betty Crocker & Pillsbury cookbooks that are for sale in the grocery store by the cashier. For the most part many of the recipes weren't anything that I really liked but there were a few that turned out nicely. This recipe happens to be one of them! It's from Betty Crocker and the first time I made this wrap I brought it as a picnic item for a concert in Koka Booth 5 years ago. I kind of forgot about it and hadn't made it since!

I made it today for the moms of a playgroup we do on Monday's. I wanted to make it last Friday for a little Halloween party I was having for the kids but I ran out of time and didn't end up making it. This time I bought half a pound of roast beef and it made 3 tortillas which was the perfect amound for what I needed.

Ingredients:

2 soft cracker breads, 15 inches in diameter or 3 flour tortillas (10 inch)
1 package cream cheese, softened
1 4 oz container crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup milk
6 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 Tablespoon freeze-dried chives
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 pound sliced deli roast beef
2 cups lightly packed spring salad greens
2 medium tomatoes sliced thin.

Directions:

I use flour tortillas instead of the cracker bread and usually this recipe takes more than just 3. If you decide to use the cracker bread let them come to room temperature.

Mix cream cheese, blue cheese, milk, bacon, chives & pepper. (I didn't have time to make bacon this morning and it tasted just fine. It's definitely better with the bacon though. ;)

Spread some cream cheese mixture evenly over the bread or tortilla.



Layer the roast beef,



salad greens,



and tomatoes - in that order. (crumbled bacon goes on top of tomato)



Leave a few inches on one side covered with only the cream cheese mixture. Beginning at the side covered with the fillings, roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining tortillas or cracker bread and ingredients.

Cut ends without fillings from each roll. Cut remaining portion of each roll in 3-5 slices depending on the size of the rolls. Serve immediately or wrap securely and refrigerate. I wouldn't refrigerate much longer than 2 hours because the lettuce will start to wilt. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look awesome!

Deb said...

Anonymous is my friend, Carolyn, Stef. She didn't want you to think she was a stalker, lol.

Carolyn LOVES your family & food blog and checks it out often :-)

<3 you's!