Thursday, June 4, 2009

Surprise Peach Tea



Surprise, it has Bourbon in it!

Jordan's mom gave me this recipe a few weeks ago. She makes it during the summer and I've never had it until this year. I don't like iced tea so I've always steered clear from it. I finally got the nerve to try it - and guess what? It doesn't taste like tea at all!

The original recipe calls for a package of Crystal Light Peach Tea. Crystal Light has aspartame in it and makes me feel kind of sick. I bought regular peach tea and added about 3-4 tablespoons of sugar to the hot water while the tea was seeping. (My house smelled wonderful while it was seeping by the way!) I used the 4 1/2 cups of water with 6 peach tea bags. We took this to a Memorial Day BBQ so I doubled the batch and almost all of it was gone by the end of the evening. It's a nice drink to have on a hot summer day!

Ingredients:
1 container Crystal Light Peach Ice tea mix
4 1/2 cups of water
1 cup of orange juice
1/2 cup bourbon (We thought it needed more like 1 cup)
Garnish with orange slices if desired

Directions:

Mix together and refrigerate. Give a good stir and serve over ice with a slice of orange.

Give it a try, it's very refreshing!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Perfect for summer!

Anonymous said...

Agree about the extra bourbon! We sometimes refer to "the Tea"...as "the Recipe", nicknamed by Stef's mom..well done! Lynn