Sunday, January 18, 2009

White Chicken Chili



I have one chili recipe and it's the only kind of chili I make. Well, I've been hearing so much about "white chili" lately that I thought I'd give it a try. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and only made a few changes. Saryn loves chili so I left out the can of diced jalepeno peppers to reduce the spiciness. Believe me, it still had some kick to it without them. We liked this, and I'll make it again but it's not as good as MY chili recipe. ;)

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers (I omitted these)
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (I cooked 2 chicken breasts then shredded them instead of chopping)
3 (15 ounce) cans white beans
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Directions:

Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Slowly cook and stir the onion until tender. Mix in the garlic, jalapeno, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne. Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes.



Mix in the chicken broth, chicken and white beans. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.



Remove the mixture from heat. Slowly stir in the cheese until melted. Serve warm and I'd recommend some sort of toasted bread served with this as well.



It's been so cold this week - you should go make this recipe right now! Enjoy!

No comments: