Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Three Recipes You Should Try!

December was a busy month for us. I was in our kitchen cooking in December more than other month in 2008. I made A LOT of food but didn't get photos of everything. I seem to have a hard time remembering to take pictures of the end result of my food when we have company over. Something I'll work on in 2009. :)

I would still like to share the recipes that I made. All three of these recipes I found on Pioneer Woman Cooks and I've noted any changes I made to the original recipes. You can click on the name of the recipe and it will take you to the recipe on her food blog.

The first one is Olive Cheese bread and I didn't make any changes at all to the recipe. I thought it was really good and would definitely make it again. I served it at one of Saryn's birthday parties and there wasn't any leftover so our guests thought it was good too!

The second one is Christmas Cookies that you brush on a glaze before you bake. I did like these but probably wouldn't make them again until Saryn was older. It is definitely something children over the age of 3 would enjoy. I think these tasted good (I'm not a big Christmas cookie fan) and looked pretty too.

Last, but certainly not least is her Roasted Beef Tenderloin. I had never made beef tenderloin before and was a bit nervous since I was making it for Christmas Eve dinner. And the fact that it was a very expensive piece of meat didn't help. All I have to say is, wow. It was AMAZING!! Seriously, this is by far (in my opinion) the best thing I have ever made. It wasn't hard at all, had great flavor and was extremely tender. The only thing I changed was I didn't sear the meat. She only used the butt in her recipe and I had the whole tenderloin. I also served the meat with a horseradish cream sauce from Martha Stewart's Living magazine. The recipe called for 1 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup prepared horseradish, 1 tsp coarse salt - combine, cover and refrigerate until ready so serve.

I thought all of these recipes were very good and will make them again. Especially the tenderloin!

Hope you had sucessfull kitchen creations in December as well!

No comments: