Thursday, November 6, 2008

Grandma Cryer's Quiche



Jordan's grandmother's quiche recipe is the only quiche I make. Honestly, I don't really like quiche ~ but I LOVE this recipe. It's easy and has great flavor ~ Saryn likes it too!

Ingredients:
1 9" pie shell
1/2 pound bacon
3 eggs
6 oz swiss cheese
1 1/2 Tablespoons flour
3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 Tablespoons butter
Salt to taste (I never salt mine because I feel the bacon and swiss cheese have enough salt for the quiche)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place pie shell in pie plate. Cut bacon in bits. I thinly slice through the slices.



Cook over medium heat until slightly crispy. Drain on paper towel and then place on bottom of pie shell.



Put all other ingredients in blender; blend well, pour over bacon in shell. (I don't always put the ingredients in a blender but it does make the quiche have a smoother texture)



Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes; then turn oven down to 325 degrees for about 40-50 minutes longer or until quiche is set and nicely brown on top.

I thought the quiche was done but when I cut into it the inside really wasn't set yet.



I put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes and it was perfect!

No comments: