Sunday, October 12, 2008

Salmon Steaks



Harris Teeter had salmon steaks on sale so I thought we'd give them a try. Normally we just buy salmon fillets but I'm a sucker for a sale! The salmon steaks we bought had the skins on and were wrapped in some sort of netting. You leave it on while it bakes - then I removed the netting and the skin before eating.

This recipe is simple simple simple - and really very good. I found it on allrecipes.com and the only thing I left out was the green onions as I didn't have any.

INGREDIENTS
2 (8 ounce) salmon steaks
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 green onion, sliced
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning

DIRECTIONS
Place salmon in a lightly greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with butter and lemon juice. Combine onion, parsley, garlic salt and lemon pepper; sprinkle over salmon.



Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.



I didn't like the look of the skin and I always take it off and leave it on my plate so I just removed it before serving.



Looks much better!

No comments: