Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Taco Salad Blossom

Well, I really didn't like the white background for the blog. I like the look of the black background against the photos of the food. Sorry Jordan!

Speaking of Jordan....he said the funniest thing the other day. We were with friends and talking about how I have a food blog. He said that me starting the food blog is the best thing that has ever happened to him. (I thought I was the best thing that ever happened to him??) I guess now that I have this food blog I cook more often and try new things which he is quite happy about. Go figure!



This recipe is something I have made a few times. It's great if you have leftover meat from tacos. I had some queso dip with sausage in it that I used this time and it turned out alright. I'll give you the recipe for the meat in case you do not have leftovers.

Ingredients:
1/2 pound ground beef
2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning mix
1/3 cup water
3 cups shredded lettuce
2 medium tomatoes
2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
2 Tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tablespoons sliced ripe olives
2 Tablespoons sour cream
1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips

Directions:
Brown ground beef in skillet over medium heat until thoughourly cooked, drain. Stir in seasoning mix and water. Cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens.

Meanwhile, divide lettuce evenly onto 2 serving plates. (I don't measure out lettuce or the rest of the ingredients. I just eyeball it but you can measure if you like.) Remove stem from tomato; place tomato stem side down and cut to but not through the bottom of each tomato, to form 6 wedges. Place tomato on each lettuce lined plate, separate wedges to form blossom cup.



Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon salad dressing. Spoon warm beef mixture into center of each tomato blossom. Top each with cheese, olives, sour cream and chips.

I also serve this with chips on the side.

No comments: