Thursday, September 11, 2008

Salsa Chicken



Another one of our favorite chicken recipes. We make a Mexican meal out of it with black beans, spanish rice, and this time avocado & tomato salad.

I found this recipe from allrecipes.com and I didn't really change a thing. I allow the chicken to sit in the taco seasoning mix while I prepare other ingredients so it marinates a bit.

Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (again, I only use 2)
4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
1 cup salsa
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
sour cream

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts. (Sometimes I put seasoning in a zip lock bag and shake until chicken is covered. I find the chicken is evenly covered this way.)



Pour salsa over the chicken.



Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear. (I had to bake for 30-35 minutes)

Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream and serve.

No comments: