Monday, August 4, 2008

Ginger Snaps

A very good friend of mine from high school shared this recipe with me a few years ago. I've known her husband's family since I was five years old. I was at her house and she had these cookies out on the table. Of course she offered one to Jordan and I. His first words after taking a bite were something like "You should get the recipe." Seanean (my friend) told me that they were her husband's grandmother's recipe. I think they are the best ginger snaps I've ever tasted. Kind of a cross between a sugar cookie and a ginger snap. Yummy!

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar (you'll also need some extra sugar for rolling)
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Dump all of the ingredients into a large bowl.



Mix ingredients until blended.

As you can see it's still a bit crumbly.



That's okay - just combine it the rest of the way with your hands. (Wash them first!)



Roll the dough into balls. I used a cookie scoop but you don't have to.

Then roll them in the extra sugar.



Place on cookie sheet.



Bake for 10-12 minutes. I baked mine for 11 minutes and they were nice and soft. If you want yours crunchier bake longer.



Enjoy!!

No comments: