Monday, August 22, 2011

PW's Pico de Gallo



I love Pioneer Woman, although I don't have time to read her blog as much as I'd like anymore. I do occasionally still check out her recipes though. I've made her pico de gallo several times and it is definitely a keeper. Quick, easy, and fresh ingredients. Yum, yum!

Ingredients:
5 whole plum roma tomatoes (I usually just use whatever tomatoes I have on hand)
1/2 large onion
3 whole Jalapeno Peppers (I used one jalepeno with seeds and it was perfect. Almost on the verge of too spicey for me. You'll need to judge how much heat you like)
Cilantro
1 Lime
Salt To Taste

Directions:

Chop jalapenos, tomatoes and onions into a very small dice. Next, chop up a nice-sized bunch of cilantro. Just remove and discard the long leafless stems before chopping. No need to remove the leaves from the stems completely. Place all of these ingredients together in a bowl and give it a good stir.

Squeeze the juice of half of one lime into the bowl. Add salt to taste and stir again. Serve with tortilla chips.

Enjoy!







1 comment:

Signature Tastes of North Carolina said...

Roma's are my favorite. Inexpensive, easy to find and delicious. Love this recipe.