Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Best Chicken BBQ



My family and I have been traveling most of July so far, which has left me no time to cook new and exciting recipes. I have managed to get a few meals in but had no time to post them on the blog! My apologies for being absent from the blogging world for so long! Now about this chicken....

I grew up in upstate NY eating grilled chicken that had been marinated in Cornell Sauce. As a child it was one of my most requested dinners. Chicken, potato salad and baked beans, so yummy! It is still my favorite way to have grilled chicken. It's best if it can marinate in the sauce for at least a day - two if you have time.

Ingredients:
2 cups vinegar (you can use white or cider, I used white this time)
1 cup olive oil
1-2 Tablespoons salt (I only used 1/2 Tbsp this time and it wasn't nearly enough)
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp pepper



Whisk all ingredients together and pour over chicken.



I usually put the chicken in a large zip lock bag then pour the marinade in the bag. It coats the chicken better than if you put it in a pan. I didn't have a large enough bag this time so I used a large bowl. Marinate for at least a day. Grill until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink in the center.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stef, if this is the recipe I gave you, I had already cut down the salt. The original recipe called for 4 tbsp salt and we always thought it was too salty so I cut my recipe back to 2tbsp and it's perfect for us. Also, I've used the white vinegar as well, but it's much better with a cider vinegar.