Sunday, April 23, 2023

Strawberry Shortcake Cake



This is probably the easiest cake you'll ever make. When my daughter was 9 we went to her friends birthday party. My daughter had a gluten free cupcake and the birthday girl had a cake that looked sort of like this. I thought, I bet I could do that gluten and dairy free. My daughter had her doubts, but that next weekend I gave it a try and now one of their favorite cakes! Always a big hit to make when company comes over and always a cake we make when strawberries are in season.

I used a gluten free King Arthur’s yellow cake mix. Bake in two 8 or 9” round pans.  Bake as directed but cook about 5 minutes less than what the directions suggest.  Let cool. Slice fresh strawberries and sprinkle with sugar to bring out juices. Layer strawberries on cooled cake. Spread dairy free whipped topping on top of the strawberries. Place second cake on top, repeat with another layer of strawberries. Cover entire cake with whipped topping.

No comments: