I have made so many different chili recipes over the years, which is wild to me because as a child I HATED chili. Really, really hated it. The smell of it cooking would make me gag. That was one of the meals that I was allowed to eat something else for dinner if Granny was making chili for dinner. That and Swedish Meatballs, which I still haven't tried since being a kid! ;)
This is your favorite chili that I made, along with the pumpkin chili recipe - which is in here too. There is a lot of chopping in the recipe, but it makes a ton, so great to freeze and reheat later or feed yourself for a week!
Ingredients
• 2 lbs Ground beef
• 1/4 cup Flat-leaf italian parsley
• 4 cloves Garlic
• 1 Green bell pepper
• 2 Jalapeno peppers
• 16 oz Kidney beans
• 1 tsp Oregano
• 16 oz Pinto beans
• 28 oz Tomatoes
• 1 Yellow onion
• 15 oz Tomato sauce
• 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
• 3 tbsp Chili powder
• 1 tsp Pepper
• 1 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Sugar
• 4 tbsp Olive oil
• 2 tsp Cumin
• 46 oz Tomato juice
• 1 Cheese and sour cream
In a large deep pot, cook ground meat over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Transfer the meat to a bowl. Drain excess grease from pot, but do not clean.
Add the olive oil to the pot. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, parsley and jalapeƱo peppers (if using, I usually didn’t so it wasn’t too hot for you and your sister) and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and fragrant (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and add the chili powder, cumin, sugar, oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir until combined.
Add the cooked meat back to the pot. Add the tomato juice, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans and pinto beans as well.
On the stove top, bring to a boil, dial back to medium-low and simmer for 2 hours (stir occasionally. Serve warm with cheese, sour cream and gluten free garlic bread.
No comments:
Post a Comment